Consulate General of India
Public Notice Regarding Change of Passport Outsourcing Service Provider
The existing India Passport Application Centre in Atlanta, which is operated by M/s BLS International Services Limited [Address: BLS India Passport, USA, Premier Plaza, 5881 Glenridge Drive, Suite 180, 1st floor, Georgia 30328; website: www.blsindia-usa.com/passport/contactus.php#tabs-quote/ATLANTA Email: email@example.com; Helpline: +18459990726] will close operations at Closure of Business on 6 May 2016 (Friday).
2. With effect from 9 May 2016 (Monday), Consulate General of India, Atlanta will accept passport applications through the new India Passport Application Centre (IPAC) in Atlanta, which will be operated by M/s Cox and Kings Global Services. A service fee of US$ 19.95 (inclusive of all taxes) per application will be charged at the IPAC in addition to applicable passport fees.
Details of new IPAC in Atlanta
India Passport Application Centre
Cox and Kings Global Services
Suite 160, 5883 Glenridge Drive Georgia 30328
* CKGS telephone, email and website will be operational with effect from 2 May 2016 (Monday).
Monday to Friday except holidays
Submission of passport applications: 0900 hrs. – 1530 hrs.
Collection of processed passports: 1530 hrs. – 1800 hrs.
Call Centre and Information Desk: 0900 hrs. – 1900 hrs.
3. Transition Arrangements: During the transition of outsourcing services from M/s BLS International Services Limited (BLS) to M/s Cox and Kings Global Services (CKGS), acceptance of passport applications and return of processed passports will be handled as follows:
- BLS will not accept any postal application after 22 April 2016 (Friday). Only postal applications post-marked on or before 22 April 2016 will be accepted by BLS.
- BLS will not accept regular walk-in / appointment applications after 29 April 2016 (Friday).
4. Return of processed passports: Renewed passports for all passport applications accepted by BLS will be returned to applicants by BLS through walk-in collection or through postal dispatch, where the applicant has chosen for postal delivery. For passport applications under processing at the Consulate during the transition period, renewed passports will be returned to the applicants by Consulate General of India, Atlanta. Applicants are advised to check tracking status of their applications on BLS website. BLS will also inform all those applicants by email whose renewed passports will be returned directly by the Consulate. In such cases, renewed passports will be available for walk-in collection at the Consulate’s Consular Office [5549, Glenridge Drive NE, Atlanta , Georgia 30342] or will be dispatched by post, where the applicant has chosen for postal delivery.
5. All applicants who have submitted their passport applications to BLS IPAC are advised to check status of their application on the BLS website and make immediate arrangements to pick up their renewed passports from BLS, if they are now available at the BLS IPAC.
6. In order to avoid any inconvenience, applicants who are not in immediate need for renewal of their passports are advised to submit their passport applications to the new IPAC on or after 9 May 2016 (Monday). However, applicants may take care that their postal applications do not reach CKGS IPAC before 9 May 2016.
7. For further information / clarification, applicants may send an email to the Consular Wing of the Consulate General of India, Atlanta at firstname.lastname@example.org with subject head “Transition”.
8. For information regarding new India Passport Application Centres at Washington, Chicago, Houston, New York and San Francisco, please visit the websites of Embassy of India, Washington and the Consulates General of India at Chicago, Houston, New York and San Francisco respectively.